Entry to Battle Coliseum for the Commencement Ceremony will be by ticket only. Overflow seating will be available in on campus for unticketed guests to watch via live feed in Norton Theater. To allow as many guests as possible to attend Commencement, tickets will be made available according to the following process:
- You must request the number of Commencement tickets you would like when you complete the online RSVP form between March 5 and April 2. Each graduate is eligible for up to four tickets. Note that if you fail to RSVP by that date, you may not receive your four tickets.
- After all ticket requests are processed, additional tickets will be distributed as available. You will be notified via email by April 11 of the number of tickets you have been granted.
- If additional tickets remain, those tickets will be made available upon request. You will receive notification via email how to request additional tickets.
- In order to pick up tickets, you must complete the online BSC Graduate Survey. The survey will be emailed to you in mid-April.
- You may also need to complete additional tasks before being allowed to pick up tickets, including Financial Planning loan documentation, clearance of Student Accounts, payment of library fines.
- All Commencement tickets should be picked up Monday, May 21 - Wednesday, May 23 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Office of Student Development in the Norton Camps Center. If you will not be in Birmingham at that time to pick up tickets, you should call Student Development at (205) 226-4722 to make other arrangements. Tickets not picked up by the Capping Ceremony will be released to those with waitlisted requests.
- Tickets are for guests only; graduates do not require a ticket. Tickets are not required for other Commencement Weekend activities, although you are asked to RSVP for us to confirm your attendance. The Commencement Ceremony will be live-streamed on the BSC website for guests who cannot attend.