Obtaining Your BSC Transcript
Obtaining Your BSC Transcript
Requests for transcripts must be made in writing and require the signature of the student. Email and phone requests will not be accepted. Transcripts are processed and sent as soon as possible after a request is received, usually within 2 business days. During peak times such as commencement and registration, processing time may be longer. Transcripts will not be provided for students with overdue accounts with the College. The College DOES NOT provide faxed transcripts due to security, data transmission, and privacy considerations.
BSC offered three options for requesting your transcript.
1) Order online
"Transcripts on Demand" Electronic Delivery via Credentials eScrip-Safe
For a cost of $10, a secure electronic transcript in PDF format can be sent electronically within "network" institutions or to any individual including yourself. You may select regular mail delivery via USPS Postal Service. International Priority mail will cost additional $20 and Express Mail will cost an additional $30. T.O.D. offers secure online payment and accepts all major credit cards.
Order through "Transcripts on Demand".
Network Delivery - See if your intended receiver institution is a member of the Credentials eScrip-Safe electronic network.
Non-Network Delivery - You should notify your intended recipient to expect an email message regarding the electronic delivery of your transcript. Encourage them to add the domain name of @escrip-safe.com to their safe-sender email list. Non-network receivers must complete a simple registration for each transcript delivered through Credentials Solutions.
Transcripts on Demand contact information:
2) Order by mail
Office of Academic Records
Birmingham Southern College
Birmingham, Alabama 35254
A printable request form can be submitted. If you don't have a way to print our form, your written request must include:
- Full name as it appears on your academic record. If you have legally changed your name, please include the "new" name as well.
- Signature. (We cannot process your order without this).
- Social security number or BSC ID number
- Date of birth.
- The last year you attended BSC. Please indicate if you were enrolled in one of our Graduate Programs.
- Complete address where the transcript is to be mailed.
- Your telephone number, home address and email address.
- A money order in the amount of $10 per transcript made payable to "Birmingham-Southern College." Please note: The records office can no longer accept personal checks as transcript payment. If you want Priority Express Mail (overnight delivery to most areas), the money order should total $40 (includes delivery fee + 1 transcript)
3) Order in person
Transcripts may be picked up in our office M-F between the hours of 9:00am-3:30pm. Photo I.D. is required. Request forms are available in our office. A fee of $10 will be required - cash only please.
Still have questions? Read the Transcript FAQ's tab below or contact (205) 226-4698 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What information appears on a transcript?
- How do I figure out my grade point average?
- Can I have a resume or other personal document enclosed with my transcript?
- Can you bill my credit card for a transcript order?
- If I order one transcript, will I be able to make photocopies of it?
- I am currently registered at the BSC: how can I make sure this term's grades will appear on my transcript when I order it?
- I am waiting for a grade to be changed: can I have my transcript order held until your office processes the change?
- I have inspected my transcript and something on it does not agree with what I believe should be there. Who do I contact?
- I attended other schools before coming to BSC. Can you forward those transcripts to another school?
What information appears on an official transcript ?
- Full name, birth date, gender, the last four digits of the security number, and a 7-digit student ID number.
- Transfer credit from other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- Notations about academic honors received from BSC.
- All courses for which the student was registered, in chronological order, from the date of matriculation through the most recently concluded term, showing the subject and number of each course, its title, grade and units (credits).
- Any degrees conferred by the College, major (minor – if earned), and month/year of the degree conferral.
- The signature of the Registrar and the date it was produced.
- A key to transcript entries is on the back of each page.
On the back of every transcript is a KEY that explains the value of each grade, so GPA's can be computed. Your "major" GPA can be computed by adding all quality points in courses that count toward your major, then divide the sum by the number of units.
Not if we mail it from our office. Exceptions are made for "scanned forms" that are required by agencies like AMCAS and LSAC. Credentials eScrip-SAFE allows YOU to upload up to 5 documents to be sent along with your transcript at no additional charge.
Please do not fax or mail us personal credit card account numbers. If you wish to pay with a credit card, please use the Transcripts on Demand process.
BSC transcripts are printed on a paper stock with a secured background, a latent image that will cause a photocopy to display the words COPY or VOID. If an electronic transcript is sent directly to you, it will display ISSUED TO STUDENT as a watermark.
I am currently registered at BSC. How can I make sure this term's grades will appear on my transcript?
Grades are due in the records office the week after the end of the term. Those that were received by the deadline will appear on transcripts approximately 10 days after the term. You can request your transcript be processed after these deadlines have passed, but the Academic Records Office cannot assume responsibility that ALL grades will be turned in by then. Check your transcript on TheSIS prior to ordering.
I am waiting for a grade to be changed. Can I have my transcript order held until your office receives and processes the change?
No. If the appearance of particular grades on your transcript is a requirement, you should not order a transcript until you have confirmed that the grade has been posted to your record.
I have inspected my transcript and something on it does not agree with what I believe should be there. Who do I contact?
Contact us at email@example.com and we will direct you to the department of the information you believe to be incorrect.
I attended other schools before coming to BSC. Can you forward those transcripts to another school?
No. You must submit a request to the Records Office at each previous institution.