Top Nav Top Nav Footer Nav
Back toTop
Transfer Student Information

Transfer Student Information

Transfer Student Information

Sometimes it’s not where you start, but where you finish that matters.

We want you to feel at home on the Hilltop. Several offices on campus work directly with transfer students, and there’s a transfer admission counselor trained to help answer your questions.

You are considered a transfer student if you’ve already matriculated full-time at another institution or if you’ve graduated from high school and have earned 12 or more credits at another institution. If you have questions about your status as a transfer student our transfer admission counselor can help. 

If you are considering transferring to Birmingham-Southern College, let us schedule a campus visit for you. Please call our campus visit coordinator at (205)226-4696 to schedule a tour and meet with an admission counselor.

Sooner or later, every transfer student asks two questions: How long will it take me to graduate? And how much will it cost? Typically, general education classes in community college will transfer without much trouble. We’ve listed here exactly which Alabama courses will transfer.

We will also conduct a transcript analysis before you decide to enroll so that you know in advance which classes will transfer and how long it will take you to graduate. Simply call Chelsea Tucker, our transfer coordinator, at (205)226-4695 or email her at

As for the cost, everyone’s situation is unique. The staff in our Financial Aid Office are more than happy to talk to you about your specific needs, and you can reach them at (205)226-4688. At Birmingham-Southern, you will find the opportunities, support, and connections that take you down any career path you choose.


    How to Apply

    • If you have started a BSC application within the past two years, please fill out this form instead of starting a new application.
    • File an Application for Admission.
    • Submit an official transcript from all post-secondary institutions you have attended.
    • Submit a letter of recommendation, preferably from a post-secondary professor.
    • Submit an original personal statement to BSC.
    Mail forms to:

    BSC Office of Admission
    Box 549008
    900 Arkadelphia Road
    Birmingham, AL 35254