2018 Open Enrollment
2018 Open Enrollment
The dates for the Birmingham-Southern College Open Enrollment will be November 14th through December 4th. This is an important time to consider your benefit needs and to ensure you make the right benefit choices for you and your family. The Benefits Guide is designed to provide the information needed to evaluate your benefit elections and consider additional and/or alternate benefits. The benefit elections you select during Open Enrollment remain in effect for the entire plan year unless you have a qualifying life event as defined by the IRS.
All current benefit elections, with the exception of the flexible spending accounts, will remain in effect for 2018 unless you notify HR of changes. Rate changes will go into effect in the December payrolls. Please see the monthly and semi-monthly rate tables.
Visit the sections below for more information or if you need to enroll in BSC-sponsored benefits or make changes to your current benefit elections.
- BCBS Enrollment Form
- Plan Comparison
- MD Live (Premium and Core Plan participants only)
- Teladoc (HSA Plan participants only)
- ValueOne Network
- Claim Examples (Core Plan)
- Renewal Comparison
- If you do not wish to enroll in health insurance, please complete the 2018 Waiver of Health Insurance form.
Health Savings or Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Remission / Tuition Exchange
- If you wish to enroll, cancel, or make changes to your covered dependents on any plans, new enrollment forms will be available at the Benefits and Wellness Fair and on the Open Enrollment Website.
- If you are NOT electing health insurance in 2018, please complete the 2018 Waiver of Health Insurance form.
- All forms must be submitted to HR by close of business on December 4th. Any changes you make will be effective January 1, 2018, and the new deductions will begin in the December payrolls.
- The enrollment options you select during Open Enrollment remain in effect for the entire plan year unless you have a qualifying life event as defined by the IRS. If you experience a qualifying life event, you must submit your requested changes within 30 days of the event.
- If you wish to enroll your spouse or dependent children, you must provide proof of relationship documentation along with the enrollment form.
We will kick off Open Enrollment with the Benefits and Wellness Fair on Tuesday, November 14th from 12:00-3:00pm in the Norton Great Hall. We hope you’ll drop by to:
- Participate in vision and biometric screenings
- Talk to your benefit providers
- Complete enrollment forms for your benefit changes
- Get a free, 10 minute chair massage
- Get your flu shot – $25.99 without insurance
- Check out samples and discounts from our vendors
- Sign up for a chance to win door prizes!
Human Resources is happy to assist you with any questions. Please contact us at x4646.