"I now know what I was made to do in this world. Nothing in my life has given me so much direction and energy."
-Bryan Barnhill, pursued environmental sciences in South Africa
The Sklenar Center provides programs that inspire the campus community to explore global issues and to engage with people whose cross-cultural perspectives and knowledge enhance the overall BSC experience.
Global Opportunities include:
- providing resources for students seeking opportunities to intern, research, study and volunteer overseas
- celebrating global perspectives through educational and social events
- advising cross-cultural student groups on campus
- hosting visiting Fulbright fellows and other distinguished speakers
- providing community connections between students and internationally-focused professionals in various fields
- facilitating intercultural training for the campus community
Global engagement also involves global opportunities. The Sklenar Center provides valuable resources, advising and support to students interested in pursuing experiences oversees through internships, teaching, volunteering, service-learning, working and post-baccalaureate options.
Internships and Research Abroad
International internships and research opportunities provide students with professional experience relating to people from different countries while gaining valuable knowledge in an increasingly interconnected world. In collaboration with the Contract-Learning Office and RISE3, the Sklenar Center for International Programs assists students interested in pursuing international careers by providing and preparing students for opportunities to intern in all fields of study and research with professionals and scholars overseas.
Internship placements are available during the summer and the semester. Most internship and research opportunities are embedded within study abroad programs and some are internships or research only. Depending upon the company, program or organization, internships may be paid or unpaid. Students have access to various international internship scholarships to help defray the costs of living/travel expenses.
Identify an internship by country, subject area and price:
- Semester & E-Term opportunities
- Helpful resource from one of our partners: AIFS Student Guide to Study Abroad and Career Development by Martin Tillman
For more information about the process, please contact Anne Ledvina firstname.lastname@example.org.