Whether you have a day or only a few minutes, Birmingham-Southern’s picturesque campus is a great place to visit. Our college has more than 40 academic, athletics, and residential facilities, and it offers numerous recreational, cultural, and family activities that are well worth taking the time to explore. If you are coming in from out-of-town, we’ve provided driving directions. You can also virtually visit us or use the map to see panoramic views of our buildings and outdoor spaces on campus. And by all means check out the Events@BSC webpage to keep up with all the latest happenings at our college.
When you arrive on campus, be sure and stop by our Admission Welcome Center which serves as the college’s ‘front door’ for our visitors and friends. The center offers resources and general information about the campus, along with tours for undergraduate admission. Visitors to the center are treated to fresh-baked cookies, coffee, soft drinks, and bottled water. Hours are 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. – Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to noon – Saturdays.
If you're a prospective student, you'll want to schedule a campus visit in advance. Campus visits at BSC are tailored to provide you with the information needed to make an informed college decision.
Also, you can:
- Pick up a map and walk around our campus at your leisure, or make an appointment to take a one-hour, student-led walking tour during the fall or spring at 9:30 a.m. or 2 p.m. on Mondays and Fridays; 11 a.m. or 2 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays; and 10 a.m. on Saturdays.
- See a broad view of the campus from the top floor of the Norton Campus Center.
- Enjoy a cold or hot entree at our campus dining hall.
- Get a sneak peak of science on display through glass windows at the Elton B. Stephens Science Center.
- Take a stroll around the majestic Urban Environmental Park centered on a 1.5-acre lake.
- Visit the Southern Environmental Center, the largest educational facility of its kind in Alabama.
Birmingham-Southern opened its doors on the Hilltop on Sept. 11, 1918. If you are interested in its history, visit the collection on the founding of BSC in the library or check out our Hilltop heritage webpage.
Art enthusiasts will enjoy touring the Durbin Gallery at the Kennedy Art Center to view displays by talented students and faculty and visiting artists (check exhibit schedule), or strolling through the EcoScape gardens to see creative outdoor sculptures.
Sports enthusiasts can visit our state-of-the-art athletics facilities such as the Striplin Fitness and Recreation Center and Athletics Complex featuring the 1,600 seat, multi-use Panther Stadium.