Admitted students experienced Birmingham-Southern at the Select 'Southern event held on March 1-2, 2015.
The Birmingham-Southern College 'Southern Shuttle, sponsored by the Student Government Association, runs throughout the academic year every Sunday to the Promenade in Fultondale, the Green Springs shopping center and once a month on Saturday to the Riverchase Galleria Mall/Patton Creek Shopping Center in Hoover. The shuttle also provides service to the Birmingham International airport and Greyhound bus station during the holidays. Departure points from campus are located at the Norton Student Center portico and the Club House by the apartments.
Saturday Shuttle Service Dates 2015-2016
Sundays: 11 a.m.- 5 p.m.
(runs continuously throughout this time period)
The shuttle runs on Saturdays from 1 pm until midnight.
Galleria Mall/Patton Creek Shopping Center Area
Saturday, August 29
Saturday, September 19th
Saturday, October 24th
Saturday, November 21st
Saturday, January 16th
Saturday, February 20th
Saturday, March 12th
Saturday, April 16th
(Bumpers is open until 10 p.m. on Saturdays)
Shuttle Drop-Off and Pick-Up Locations
Full Moon BBQ
Asian Food Market
Mediterranean Food Market
The 'Southern Shuttle provides service to the Birmingham International airport and the Greyhound bus station during Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, and the End-of-the-Year on the following dates:
Pick-up/Drop-off (Airport and Greyhound Station)
Monday, November 23rd - Tuesday, November 24th Thanksgiving Airport Pick-Up Saturday, November 28th - Sunday, November 29th Thanksgiving Airport Drop-off Wednesday, December 9th - Friday, December 11th Christmas Airport Pick-up Sunday, January 3rd Christmas Airport Drop-off Friday, March 18th - Sunday, March 20th Spring Break Drop-off Saturday, March 26th - Sunday, March 27th Spring Break Pick-up Wednesday, May 18th - Sunday, May 22nd End-of-the-year Drop-off
Students must make a reservation for this service. Click here to make arrangements.
Please complete the reservation form at least two weeks prior to your departure date.
Students must present their BSC student I.D. to ride the shuttle bus.
Students, Faculty, Staff and can now organize shuttle service to the Atlanta Airport for a fee. The cost to transport 1-4 people to the Atlanta Airport is $220. Any amount over (4) will be done in a larger vehicle which will change the cost. Please contact PRIDELINE at (205) 324-4024 to make reservations.
Delta Airlines: http://www.delta.com/
United Airlines: http://www.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx
American Airlines: https://www.aa.com/homePage.do
The BSC Campus Police strive to maintain a safe and secure campus. They also want to educate you on how to stay safe when you are off campus, including places you visit while riding the 'Southern Shuttle. Below are a few helpful hints for you to remember.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay away from deserted or poorly lit areas.
- Travel in groups if possible.
- Do not accept rides from strangers or people who make you feel uneasy.
- Always be careful when strangers approach you. This rule is true no matter where you are.
- Always be prepared with a fully charged cell phone and carry a small amount of emergency change in case you need to use a pay phone.
- If you cannot wait on the shuttle and you need transportation back to campus in a non-emergency situation, call Yellow Cab at 205/328-4444. (If you cannot pay for the cab, the Campus Police will charge it to the BSC Campus Police credit card when you arrive on campus. The amount will subsequently be billed to your student account.)
- If you need emergency transportation, call your BSC Campus Police at 205/226-4700.
Most importantly, if you are suspicious of a location, leave! Always trust your instincts in matters of personal safety!