The Shuttle Service operates Sunday, September 1, 2013 – Sunday, May 4, 2014
Sponsored by the Student Government Association
Bus Service Schedule
The Birmingham-Southern College 'Southern Shuttle, sponsored by the Student Government Association, runs throughout the academic year every Sunday to the Promenade in Fultondale, once a month on Saturday to the Riverchase Galleria Mall/Patton Creek Shopping Center in Hoover. The shuttle also provides service to the Birmingham International airport during the holidays. Departure points from campus are located at the Norton Student Center portico and the Club House by the apartments.
Saturday Shuttle Service Dates 2013-2014
Sunday Shuttle Service
Sundays: 11 a.m.—5 p.m.
Shuttle runs Every Hour on the Hour
Saturday Shuttle Service
Galleria Mall/Patton Creek Shopping Center Area
Saturday, August 31st
Saturday, September 28th
Saturday, October 26th
Saturday, November 23rd
Saturday, January 25th
Saturday, February 22nd
Saturday, March 29th
Saturday, April 26th
(Bumpers is open until 10 p.m. on Saturdays)
Shuttle Drop-Off and Pick-Up Locations
Full Moon BBQ,
Shuttle Airport Service
The ‘Southern Shuttle provides service to the Birmingham International airport during Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, and the End-of-the- Year.
Students must make a reservation for this service. Click here to make arrangements.
Please complete the reservation form at least two weeks prior to your departure date.
Students must present their BSC student I.D. to ride the shuttle bus.
“Out on the Town” Safety Tips From BSC Campus Police
The BSC Campus Police strive to maintain a safe and secure campus. They also want to educate you on how to stay safe when you are off campus, including places you visit while riding the 'Southern Shuttle. Below are a few helpful hints for you to remember.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay away from deserted or poorly lit areas.
- Travel in groups if possible.
- Do not accept rides from strangers or people who make you feel uneasy.
- Always be careful when strangers approach you. This rule is true no matter where you are.
- Always be prepared with a fully charged cell phone and carry a small amount of emergency change in case you need to use a pay phone.
- If you cannot wait on the shuttle and you need transportation back to campus in a non-emergency situation, call Yellow Cab at 205/328-4444. (If you cannot pay for the cab, the Campus Police will charge it to the BSC Campus Police credit card when you arrive on campus. The amount will subsequently be billed to your student account.)
- If you need emergency transportation, call your BSC Campus Police at 205/226-4700.
Most importantly, if you are suspicious of a location, leave! Always trust your instincts in matters of personal safety!
Confirm Your Enrollment
Pay your Housing Deposit and Enrollment Confirmation Fee online.
Find out everything you need to make your new home on the Hilltop in the fall of 2013.
Submitting your application to become a BSC student is just a click away.
While it may feel quieter with so many students gone, campus will be bustling with a full program of summer camps.
Help BSC meet $160,000 Challenge!
Members of the Class of 2013 have made big plans for the summer and beyond.
View a video of the graduation ceremonies held during the weeklong celebration of the BSC Class of 2013.
Campus Offices | Library | IT Helpdesk | TheSIS | BSC Email | EEIS | Intranet | Moodle | Printer Balance | Password Change | BSC PeopleFinder | Colleague
Official Web Site of Birmingham-Southern College | 900 Arkadelphia Road | Birmingham, AL 35254 | 800.523.5793 | ©2010-11 Birmingham Southern College