Your Senior Year
You've made it to your senior year--congratulations! Here are some things to think about as you complete your final year at BSC and as you prepare to head out into the world. Check out these links.
Things you need to do now:
Be certain you're on track for graduation
- See the General Education grad check list
- Count your cultural credits
- Have a final grad check. Contact Dr. Judith Cox for an appointment
- Remember that courses are available through BACHE (in the BSC Catalog), if you need that resource
Plan for your senior Exploration Term
- Do study-travel with our faculty, or an internship, or complete your senior project:
Visit the Career Counseling Center
- For career and job search information
- Résumé building, résumé writing, composing the perfect cover letter
- Consider an internship
Plan for graduate or professional school or for taking a year off
- Talk with career counseling and your advisor about graduate programs; secure recommendation letters from your professors
- Graduate school information
- Post-graduate scholarship opportunities
- Consider taking a year off before graduate school
- Teach English abroad
- Work abroad for a couple of years
Things you should be thinking about:
Your Senior Project and Senior Conference
- Discuss the Senior Conference with your advisor; funding is available; you and your advisor must complete a verification form after this event
Attend Honors Day
Prepare for Commencement
Things to do before you leave Birmingham:
- Go to the Birmingham Museum of Art: see the world-famous Wedgewood collection; have lunch in the café
- Tour the Civil Rights Institute
- Visit the Birmingham Zoo
- Stroll around the Birmingham Botanical Gardens
- See Arlington, the antebellum home in our neighborhood
- Climb Vulcan, see Vulcan's butt up close and personal
- Visit Sixteenth Street Baptist Church
- Climb Ruffner Mountain
- Take in the Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame
After your last class, ring the bell on top of the Humanities Building
Confirm Your Enrollment
Pay your Housing Deposit and Enrollment Confirmation Fee online.
Find out everything you need to make your new home on the Hilltop in the fall of 2013.
Submitting your application to become a BSC student is just a click away.
While it may feel quieter with so many students gone, campus will be bustling with a full program of summer camps.
Help BSC meet $160,000 Challenge!
Members of the Class of 2013 have made big plans for the summer and beyond.
View a video of the graduation ceremonies held during the weeklong celebration of the BSC Class of 2013.
Campus Offices | Library | IT Helpdesk | TheSIS | BSC Email | EEIS | Intranet | Moodle | Printer Balance | Password Change | BSC PeopleFinder | Colleague
Official Web Site of Birmingham-Southern College | 900 Arkadelphia Road | Birmingham, AL 35254 | 800.523.5793 | ©2010-11 Birmingham Southern College