Frequently Asked Questions
- What information appears on a transcript?
- How do I figure out my grade point average?
- Can I have a resume or other personal document enclosed with my transcript?
- Can I order the transcript and then pick it up in the Office of Academic Records ?
- Can you bill my credit card for a transcript order?
- If I order one transcript, will I be able to make photocopies of it?
- Can I order a student copy transcript?
- I am currently registered at the BSC: how can I make sure this term's grades will appear on my transcript when I order it?
- I am waiting for a grade to be changed: can I have my transcript order held until your office processes the change?
- I have inspected my transcript and something on it does not agree with what I believe should be there. Who do I contact?
- I attended other schools before coming to BSC. Can I order their transcripts from you?
- The student's full name, birth date, gender, social security number and 7-digit BSC ID number
- Transfer credit from other post-secondary educational institutions attended before matriculation at BSC
- Comments about honors received from BSC, etc.
- All courses for which the student was registered, in chronological order, from the date of matriculation through the most recently concluded term, showing the subject and number of each course, its title, grade and units (credits).
- Any degrees conferred by the College appear, showing the degree, the degree-field and date
- The official transcript bears the signature of the Dean of Records and the date it was produced.
- It is printed on security safe paper.
- A key to transcript entries is on the back of each page
On the back of every transcript is a KEY that explains the value of each grade, so GPA's can be computed. Your "major" GPA can be computed by adding all quality points in courses that count toward your major, then divide the sum by the number of units.
Not if we mail it from our office. Only documents which originate in the Office of Academic Records and whose contents are certified as accurate by the Dean of Academic Records --such as a certification of a student's cumulative GPA-- may be enclosed with transcripts. Exceptions are made for LSDAS cards if the transcript is to be sent to that agency. However, eScrip-SAFE electronic delivery though “Transcripts on Demand” allows YOU to upload up to 5 documents to be sent along with your transcript at no additional charge.
Yes. You must show picture identification. If you’d like another person to pick up your transcript, you must indicate that person's name in your request. That individual must show their photo ID when picking up. Pick up hours are between 9:00am-3:30pm. The fee is $5 and is payable by cash, check, or credit card. Please call ahead if your attendance dates were prior to summer 1983.
Please do not fax or mail us personal credit card account numbers. Online payments can be made at the service window in the academic records office if you come in person. If you wish to pay by credit card, and are unable to come in person, you should utilize the “Transcripts on Demand” procurement option.
Official BSC transcripts are printed on a paper stock with a secured background, a latent image that will cause a photocopy to display the words Copy or Void, obscuring the printed transcript information. If an eScrip transcript is sent directly to you, it will display ISSUED TO STUDENT as a watermark. This is done to guarantee that ONLY official, original transcripts of academic records are distributed.
Yes. Student copies printed on plain white paper only when you come in person to the Academic Records Office. They are considered unofficial but are fine to use to review your transcript for personal or other reasons. If we send an electronic transcript directly to you, ISSUED TO STUDENT will appear as a watermark.
I am currently registered at BSC. How can I make sure this term's grades will appear on my transcript?
Grades are due in the records office the week after the end of the term. Those that were received by the deadline will appear on transcripts approximately 10 days after the term. You can request your transcript be processed after these deadlines have passed, but the Dean of Academic Records cannot assume responsibility that ALL grades will be turned in by then. Check your transcript on TheSIS prior to ordering.
I am waiting for a grade to be changed. Can I have my transcript order held until your office receives and processes the change?
This office cannot accept the responsibility to hold on to transcript orders indefinitely. If the appearance of particular grades on your transcript is a requirement, you should not order an official transcript until you have confirmed that they have been posted to your record.
I have inspected my transcript and something on it does not agree with what I believe should be there. Who do I contact?
Contact us at email@example.com and we will direct you to the office which is the source of the information you believe to be incorrect.
No. You must obtain official transcripts from the Records Office at each school.