FAFSA School Code: 001012
Net Price Calculator
The purpose of the Birmingham-Southern College financial aid program is to provide monetary assistance to students who without such aid would be unable to attend and to provide aid to students with superior abilities. Our goal is to provide responsible and courteous service while complying with all federal, state, and Institutional policies. We look forward to working with you!
All new and returning students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to qualify for need-based financial aid. New students must be in an “admitted” status in order to have their application for need-based aid processed.
2012-13 FAFSA – available after January 1, 2012 (for current students)
2013-14 FAFSA – available after January 1, 2013 (for new and returning students)
Students and parents are reminded to retain their PIN in a safe location as it is used to:
- Electronically sign your FAFSA (current and future years)
- Access/submit your loan entrance counseling record, and
- Electronically sign your e-Master Promissory Note (eMPN)
Priority FAFSA deadlines:
March 1st: New students
March 1st: Returning students
For current students, award notification is by email. Students are directed to TheSIS to view their award letter. New student award letters are mailed to the student's home address.
All Direct Loan or PLUS Loan borrowers must:
- Submit a FAFSA for the academic year in which they wish to apply for a loan
- First-time Direct Loan borrowers complete loan entrance counseling, https://www.studentloans.gov
- Submit/sign and electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN), https://www.studentloans.gov
Entrance Counseling and eMPN Instructions – This site provides the borrower with information regarding what is needed in order to complete entrance counseling and submit their respective eMPN (Direct or PLUS Loan)
900 Arkadelphia Road
Birmingham, AL 35254
Fax: (205) 226-3082