Placement exams should be completed as soon as possible so that we can finalize your schedule for fall term. These exams are taken on-line at your convenience.
If you plan to take Spanish or Chemistry during fall term, you need to complete the appropriate exams before May 15, 2017.
Spanish: If you have taken any courses in Spanish, you need to take the corresponding placement exam before you continue studies in that language.
The exam takes about 10 minutes to complete and is available at http://webcape.byuhtrsc.org/?acct=bsc. The password is password. Once we have your test results, we will communicate with your Academic Advisor regarding the appropriate level of study for you.
If you have any questions, contact the chair of the foreign language department, Dr. Janie Spencer at email@example.com.
Chemistry: Students planning to take CH 120 General Chemistry must either pass the Chemistry Placement Exam OR take CH 110 Skills in Chemistry prior to taking CH 120. The Chemistry Placement Exam will take 90 minutes to complete and is timed.
To take the exam, follow these steps:
- You may use scrap paper, pencil and a calculator.
- The exam can be found on Moodle, our online course information system.
- Use your email login to enter Moodle.
- Once in Moodle, type "Placement" in the search box towards the bottom of the page.
- Select the course "Chemistry Placement Test" and enroll in the course.
- Read the instructions and then click the link to take the test when you are ready.
- The test is multiple choice. When you click the submit button at the end of the test, Moodle will immediately score it and tell you whether or not you're eligible to enroll in CH 120.
- If you prefer to begin with CH 110, you do not need to take the exam.
- If you have any questions, contact the chair of the chemistry department, Dr. Scott Dorman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!