Since your room is your home during your stay here, we encourage you to personalize it. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Bring posters and pictures of family and friends - these may be put up on the tack strip provided in some of the rooms or with "fun tack."
- Find bed linens that show your personality. Be sure to purchase the right size sheets for the room you are assigned, some of the mattresses are Extra Long.
- Bring a TV, DVD player, microwave (low wattage) and refrigerator (no larger than 4.6 cubic feet). These are items that you might want to coordinate with a roommate to avoid duplication.
- Hang curtains on your windows (for décor enhancement or more privacy). A tension rod must be used rather than brackets.
- Bring area rugs, which work well in residence hall rooms with tile. Wall to wall carpet is difficult to install and remove and is strongly discouraged.
Some other items that will be important to remember to bring with you are:
- Alarm clock
- Coaxial cable
- Coffee maker
- Desk lamp
- Drawer liners
- Floor lamp
- Laundry Basket
- Shower Caddy and Shower Shoes
- Small Garbage Can
- UL Approved Power Cord
- Small Tool Kit
- Sewing Kit
- Mattress Cover
- USB Drive
- Alter or modify any of the physical structure of your room or drill or nail into the walls, floors, or ceiling.
- Remove any permanent or stationary furnishings or fixtures.
- Loft your beds; with the exception of Bruno and New Men's, all beds are bunkable.
- Paint any wall, floor, ceiling, or furniture in your room.
- Install a ceiling fan in your room.
Appliances and other items which are strictly prohibited in the residence halls:
- Oil popcorn poppers
- Space heaters
- Any appliance with an exposed heating element
- Candles, including decorative candles
- Knives (excluding small pocket knives)
- Fireworks/Firearms are not allowed anywhere on campus. Hunting guns may be checked in and out with security at the Bruno gate.