BSC logo
Residence Life

Break Housing

Break housing is a service that is available to residents meeting the specific criteria during the times when the residence halls are closed, such as Christmas, and Spring Breaks. Each student who will need break housing during those breaks must come into the Office of Residence Life to apply.

Students who qualify for Break Housing:

  1. International students;
  2. Students from outside the Southeastern U.S. who are unable to go home.
  3. Students who live outside a 45 mile radius of Birmingham, AL who have jobs requiring them to stay in Birmingham. A letter from the student's employer on company letterhead must be attached to the Break Housing application.
  4. Student athletes who have games during the break.