Sometimes we all need a little help along the way. If you are a current member of the BSC community and are experiencing stress or personal problems—our personal counselors are available to offer support. The primary purpose of the counseling center is to provide individual and group counseling in an atmosphere of confidentiality and acceptance. We also work with students needing academic accommodations due to learning, emotional, or physical disabilities.
You may want to seek counseling if you are experiencing:
- Stress and anxiety
- Problems with friends and intimate relationships
- Eating issues
- Sleeping too much or too little
- Academic problems—missing classes, avoiding people
- Feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or loneliness
- Self-defeating or destructive patterns of behavior
- Confusion about your life
- Decision-making issues
Our available services include:
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
- Referral and assistance in finding off-campus resources
- Educational programs
BSC Counseling & Health Services holds to the highest professional, ethical, and legal standards of confidentiality as set forth by the American Counseling Association.
ULifeline, the online behavioral support system for young adults, is available at www.ulifeline.com.
To make an appointment with a counselor, call 226-4717, Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.