Because you want to make a difference in the world.
You aren’t going to college simply to earn a degree or find a career. You want to create experiences and friendships you’ll remember forever. You want to prepare yourself to make a difference in the world. On our campus, you’ll find more than 1,300 students from 33 states and 13 foreign countries—all with the skills and the enthusiasm to make a difference. We invite you to join them.
BSC has the highest academic profile of any college in Alabama. We’re also one of the leading liberal arts colleges in the nation. You’ll be surrounded by motivated, intellectually curious students with the same drive to succeed as yourself. The 13-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio also means that you’ll be in close contact with full-time faculty, 90% of whom hold a doctorate or the highest degree in their field. While it’s not going to be easy—you’re up for the challenge. And the payoff for your future is unlimited. Almost half of Birmingham-Southern students go on to graduate or professional school—they go on to become lawyers, doctors, writers, scientists, CEOs, musicians, teachers, and leaders. And whether they work for a multinational or a nonprofit, our graduates bring with them the knowledge, energy, and enthusiasm to help make the world a better place.
Quick Facts About BSC:
- A nationally recognized liberal arts education.
- BSC’s freshman class each fall has the highest academic profile in the state, including average ACT score and number of students from the top 10 percent of their high school classes
- 13-to-1 student-to-professor ratio that allows for more meaningful interactions with the faculty
- More than 50 programs of study, as well as interdisciplinary and specially individualized majors and dual degree programs
- Highlighted among 310 colleges and universities in 2012 Fiske Guide to Colleges
- Again listed by national higher education expert Loren Pope as one of 40 Colleges That Change Lives
- More than 80 student organizations in addition to 22 NCAA Division III men's and women's varsity sports