The policy regarding Active Directory (E-mail) passwords on campus is:
- Mandatory password changing will occur every 60 days.
- You may change it more often if you feel your password has been compromised.
- Passwords may be reused only after two prior changes.
Passwords must meet the following criteria
- Be between 7 and 20 characters in length
- Consist of at least 3 of the following 4 items
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Special characters i.e. !@#$%^&*
- Reminder messages from the system to change your password will come several days before it expires.
Information Technology will NEVER ASK FOR YOUR LOGIN AND PASSWORD in an e-mail.
Didn’t find your answer?
Call IT helpdesk at 205-226-3033, Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:00pm
Student personal computer support is available through Apogee 24x7 at