North American Provider Programs
A “North American Provider” is an organization that arranges and leads study abroad programs for college students. There are a wide range of programs available to students through the following programs. Though each program varies in country destination, length of stay, language requirements, housing options, and cost, all offer course credit that is transferable to BSC. For these programs, students pay tuition, room, and board directly to the provider and only pay the study abroad fee to BSC. Need-based aid, but not merit aid, can be applied to tuition.
Global Partners Project Programs (ACS, ACM, GLCA)
- Associated Colleges of the South/Global Partners Program (ACS)--Through the ACS students from BSC can participate in a variety of study abroad programs within the consortium. Programs are worldwide and range from a summer to a year. For more specific information, consult the ACS Web site.
- Associated Colleges of the Midwest (ACM)—Through the ACM, BSC students may participate in study abroad programs in Latin America, Asia, Europe, and Africa. Programs usually last a semester. For more information, view the Web site.
- Great Lakes Colleges Association (GLCA) – BSC students may participate in the GLCA study abroad programs. Consult the Web site to view current programs.
North American Partners
- American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS)--AIFS offers programs in Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America with classes in history, business, science, art history, literature, political science, and modern foreign languages. AIFS also offers financial aid opportunities. (semester, summer, year)
- Center for Global Education at Augsburg College--The Center for Global offers unique programs in sustainable development and social issues, such as gender studies and the transition from apartheid. Augsburg also coordinates summer travel opportunities in Latin America with distinct themes, such as poverty, politics, and human rights. (semester, short-term)
- Council for International Educational Exchange (CIEE)--CIEE is a consortium of over 190 institutions in Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East. The program offers a wide variety of courses, with an emphasis in developing language skills across the curriculum. CIEE also offers financial aid opportunities. (semester, summer, year)
- Institute for Study Abroad at Butler University (IFSA-Butler). Through IFSA-Butler programs, BSC students have the option to study abroad at international universities throughout England, Scotland, Ireland and in a number of countries in Latin America. Scholarships and financial assistance in available. (summer, year, semester)
- International Studies Abroad (ISA) ISA offers students the opportunity to study at international universities in Spain, France, England, Australia, Chile, Mexico, Costa Rica and Argentina. Scholarships are available. (year, semester, summer, month)
- Organization for Tropical Studies (OTS)- OTS offers students the unique opportunity to do field work in biology and environmental science in Costa Rica and South Africa. (summer, semester)
- School for International Training (SIT)--With SIT programs, students have the opportunity to study with one of 57 programs in over 40 countries centered on such topics as culture and development, gender studies, arts and social change, as well as conservation ecology. In addition, the program is focuses on intensive language study, home stay experiences, and independent study projects. SIT is an accredited institution offering undergraduate abroad and graduate coursework on their campus in the U.S.A. (semester, summer)
- Semester at Sea -See the world with this opportunity to travel and study by sea. Semester at Sea incorporates classroom learning with international fieldwork and visits to twelve countries in one semester to places like Japan, Turkey, Belgium, and South Africa.
- Study Australia - Study Australia offers 14 options for study abroad at Australian universities for the semester or the year. Internships and summer study options are also available. (semester, summer, year)
- Syracuse University--While studying with Syracuse University, students have the opportunity to study such topics as photojournalism, social work, and area studies while improving upon language skills. Syracuse also offers summer programs, internships, and financial aid opportunities. (semester, summer, year)