Welcome to BSC!
We look forward to welcoming you into our community! The Ellie and Herb Sklenar Center for International Programs, also known as SCIP, serves the campus community by providing support for students studying abroad and students studying at BSC from abroad. Birmingham-Southern College welcomes exchange students and full-time international students to its campus.
BSC students exchange places for a semester or an academic year with students from:
- Erfurt University, Germany
- HES Amsterdam School of Business, Netherlands
- Hogeschool von Amsterdam (HvA), Institution of Technology (Computer Science and Engineering), Netherlands
- Hong Kong Baptist University, China
- Kansai Gaidai University, Japan
- Payap University, Thailand
- Universidad Metodista de Piracicaba (UNIMEP), Brazil
- Universitè Francois-Rabelais, France
- University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
BSC's degree-seeking international students arrive at ‘Southern from around the world!
The Sklenar Center for International Programs advises students in maintaining their F-1 or J-1 immigration status, provides social and academic orientation to university and life in the United States, and supports international students throughout their stay at ‘Southern.
The Sklenar Center also advises the Global Gatherers and the Hanson International-Floor. The International-Floor is a residential community that assists the Sklenar Center in cross-cultural programming on campus. The Office of Multicultural Affairs also offers a broad range of cultural events and multicultural student organizations for you to become involved in!
If you have any questions about being an International Student at BSC, SCIP's International Student Ambassadors would be happy to reply. Be sure to view the International Student Handbook for more information on arriving and thriving at BSC!