We have lots of exciting programs in Spanish at Birmingham-Southern and you can find information about them here. If you're going to be entering BSC as a new student, you might want information on our placement exam. Or if you're a graduate of the College, this is the place for you to learn what's happening here.
If you're thinking about earning a major or minor in Spanish, take a minute to read our Mission Statement and see what the Spanish professors will emphasize in your classes.Our Learning Outcomes provide a description of what you’ll gain from majoring or minoring in Spanish:
Upon completion of the Spanish major, students will be able to
- function successfully in Spanish in a variety of real-life situations,
- make polished formal and informal presentations on a variety of topics,
- understand the gist as well as several discrete details of discourse as spoken by native speakers of Spanish at native speed,
- write in Spanish with a high degree of grammatical correctness and appropriate choices of vocabulary and idiomatic expressions,
- converse in Spanish in connected discourse in a variety of time frames,
- recognize and respect cultural differences among the different Spanish-speaking countries
Get in touch with one of the faculty members if you have any questions about Spanish at BSC.
Thanks for visiting our page - hasta la vista!
For more information, including a course listing, please visit the Disciplinary Major/Minor section of the most recent issue of the Birmingham-Southern College Catalog.