Dean: Sara Robicheaux
The Department of Business at Birmingham-Southern offers a bachelor's degree in business. In addition, the department recently has introduced a new program: The BSC Entrepreneurship Scholars Program which provides scholarships and internships to outstanding students who want to be business administration majors.
The Department of Business Administration integrates and applies knowledge gained from a liberal arts education to the practical realm of organizational life. The department provides an undergraduate education that is distinctive by its focus on innovations in the marketplace that is coupled with cultural awareness and ethical leadership. Graduates are prepared to become managers and leaders in a variety of organizational settings. The faculty are committed primarily to teaching and advising, and they engage in professional development and scholarship that enriches the dynamics of teaching and learning.
Upon completion of the business administration major, the student will be able to
- recognize an unmet need in the marketplace and assemble a strategy to fill that need,
- analyze and synthesize the elements of a situation, formulate alternatives, and recommend an implementable course of action,
- recognize differences in domestic and international values and cultures,
- demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in the functional areas of business (i.e., management,, marketing, and finance),
- integrate knowledge of the business functional areas with other academic areas within the liberal arts,
- demonstrate an ethical foundation and practice professional responsibility,
- construct convincing arguments in both oral and written form.
For more information, including a course listing, please visit the Disciplinary Major/Minor section of the most recent issue of the Birmingham-Southern College Catalog.
For further information, contact:
Department of Business
Birmingham, AL 35254