Off-Campus Faculty Mentoring
You may work with an off-campus faculty mentor from UAB or another appropriate institution or organization. You may seek out your own off-campus faculty mentor, but if you do not already have a working relationship with someone from another institution, you should consult a BSC biologist to help you establish appropriate contacts.
In order to conduct research with an off campus mentor, you must have:
- at least a 3.0 GPA in your science courses taken at BSC
- consent from the biology faculty to pursue research outside BSC
Some examples of programs that may have faculty members who are interested in conducting research with you include (but are not limited to):
- UAB Department of Biology
- UAB Department of Microbiology
- UAB Department of Neurobiology
- UAB Department of Genetics
- UAB Department of Cell Biology
- Montevallo University Department of Biology
Be sure to follow the links in the grey box for important information about designing your directed research.