Resident Advisor Selection
Thank you for your interest in serving as a Resident Advisor for the 2012-2013 academic year. Serving as a resident advisor provides the opportunity to gain valuable leadership and communication skills, foster a community for students that is conducive to academic success, manage administrative tasks, and respond to emergencies.
The RA position is a crucial role within our department, so we do not make hiring decisions lightly. We are in search of those residents with the skills and experience that will best serve them in this important role. We make the hiring decisions based on the application, group interview, and individual interview scores.
Before you apply, please be sure to review the Resident Advisor Contract to ensure that you understand the duties and expectations of the resident advisor role.
There are five steps in the application process. All steps must be completed in order to be considered.
- Attend an information session. Information sessions will be held in the Norton Theater on February 7th at 8 p.m. and February 13th @ 7 p.m.
- Submit the online application by February 17th @ midnight. To access the application, click here)
- Have three references submitted on behalf of you by February 17th @ midnight. One reference must be from a faculty or staff member, one from a faculty or staff member, and one from your current resident advisor. The reference form can be found here. It is your responsibility to provide your references with this link. Click here for a sample reference request). If you do not have a current resident advisor, you may provide an additional faculty or staff reference.
- Selected candidates will be contacted via e-mail to participate in a group interview process on February 25th. All selected candidates must be present in order to be considered for the RA position.
- Selected candidates will be contacted to participate in an individual interview following the group interview process. Individual interviews will take place on Wednesday February 29th, Thursday March 1st, Friday March 2nd, Monday March 5th. Individual interviews will be conducted by current resident advisors, hall directors, and residence life professional staff.
Note: In order to apply, you must have a cumulative and Fall 11 GPA of 2.5. In addition, you may not hold a work study position and be a resident advisor.
Information Sessions: Tuesday February 7th @ 8 p.m., Monday February 13th @ 7 p.m.
Applications Due: Friday February 17th at midnight
Group Interview Process Invitations Extended: Wednesday February 22nd
Group Interview Process: Saturday February 25th
Individual Interview invites extended: Saturday February 25th
Individual Interview Sign Ups: February 27th-28th
Individual Interviews: Wednesday February 29th, Thursday March 1st, Friday March 2nd, Monday March 5th
Note: Position offers for the 2012-2013 academic year will be sent via e-mail no later than March 26th, 2012.