Maintenance Reporting Procedures
Reporting of maintenance requests occurs through the Residence Lifeline-Maintenance Reporting Number x3081
How to Leave an Effective Message
- Give specific location of necessary work, including residence hall, room #, and location in the room or suite.
- SPEAK SLOWLY AND CLEARLY!
- Indicate the problem as specifically as possible. For example, "AC does not work" is NOT enough information. Does the unit not blow air or is the air not cold that is blowing?
- DO NOT leave an emergency maintenance requests on this line. It is only checked M-F between 8:15 and 4:00.
Emergency Maintenance Request Procedure
- An emergency is defined as an issue that poses a threat to life, limb, or property.
- Some examples would be electrical wires hanging from a light fixture, water overflowing or leaking.
- Other emergencies would include a toilet that is stopped up or overflowing and it is the only toilet that the residents have access to. Also, AC or Heat problems during temperature extremes.
- If these emergencies occur during the regular business day, phone the Office of Residence Life to report the emergency (AS SOON AS YOU BECOME AWARE OF IT)!
- If the emergency occurs after 4:30 p.m. on a weekday or on the weekend, call Campus Police (4700) to report the problem.
Problems with Cable Television or Wired/Wireless Internet Connection
- Call 205-226-3033 option 1. This will direct you to Apogee.
- Please give the Customer Service Representative a detailed description of your problem.
Problems with Washers & Dryers
- If you encounter a washer or dryer that does not work properly, call the Residence Lifeline at x3081.
- You must give the machine number and location (residence hall and specific laundry area).
- Indicate what the problem seems to be. For example, "dryer #123 does not heat."